• Course Websites
• All Things Religion
• Religion Web Resources
• Religion Links
• Academic Research Resources
• Library Research Resources
• Radio & Videos
• Introducing Asian American Theologies
• Christian Mission among the Peoples of Asia
• World Christianity: Perspectives and Insights
• Theological Reflections HK Umbrella Movement
• Original Compositions/Arrangements
• Video Recordings
• Church Music
• Cantus Mundi
- "Diasporic Chinese (Huaqiao 華僑) or Multicultural Malaysian? The Challenges of being Chinese and Christian in Malaysia Today." Plenary Presentation. Christianity and Religions in China: Past-Present-Future. 10th International Gathering of the Ecclesiological Investigations International Research Network, Hong Kong, 20-24 July 2016.
- "Missio Inter Gentes as a New Paradigm of Mission." Mission 21: Das Evangelium in neuen Räumen erschließen [Mission 21: Exploring the Gospel in New Places]. Institut für Weltkirche und Mission. Phil.-Theol. Hochschule Sankt Georgen, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 8 March 2016.
- "Asian American Catholics: Diversity within Diversity." Institute of Catholic Studies 2015-2016 Lecture Series. John Carroll University, Cleveland, OH, 11 February 2016.
- "Who do you say I am?" Uncovering the Chinese Sensus Fidelium in Images of Jesus in Pre-Communist Chinese Devotional Art. Christ Topic Session, Catholic Theological Society of America Annual Convention, Milwaukee, WI, 12 June 2015.
- "Fifty Years after Vatican II: The Perils and Promise of an Ecclesiological Vision in Postcolonial Asia." Vatican II – Remembering the Future: Ecumenical, Interfaith and Secular Perspectives on the Council’s Impact and Promise, Ecclesiological Investigations International Research Network, Georgetown University, Washington DC, 22 May 2015.
- "Christian Mission among the Peoples of Asia: Imagining New Possibilities." Missio Inter Gentes: The Future of Christian Mission in Asia. Institut für Missionswissenschaft & Außereuopäische Theologien, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Germany, 3 December 2014.
- Panelist. "Christians of Asia." Encounter Program. ABC Radio National. 29 November 2014.
Listen online | Download Podcast (mp3)
- "Dynamics of Interfaith Collaborations in Postcolonial Asia: Prospects and Opportunities." Challenging the Church: Postcolonial Practice of Ministry. Episcopal Divinity School, Cambridge, MA, 15 November 2014
- "Roman Catholic Charismatic Renewal in Asia: Identity and Difference, Unity and Fragmentation for the Asian Catholic Church." Asian Theology Consultation Session. Catholic Theological Society of America Annual Convention, San Diego, CA, 6 June 2014.
- "Migration of Peoples: Challenges and Opportunities for Mission." Australian Association for Mission Studies New South Wales (AAMS-NSW) Colloquium. Sydney, Australia, 14 March 2014.
- "An Asian Theology of Migration and its Interreligious Implications: Insights from the Documents of the Federation of Asian Bishops’ Conferences (FABC)." World Christianity Group Session, Theology and Migration in World Christianity: Globalization and Contexts. American Academy of Religion Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD, 25 November 2013
- "The Impact of Sacrosanctum Concilium on Liturgical Renewal in Asia." Vatican II Studies Group Session, Vatican II in 1963 and Beyond: The Challenges of Liturgical Reform. American Academy of Religion Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD, 23 November 2013
- “Missio Inter Gentes: Theologico-Missiological Foundation.” Plenary Address at the 5th General Assembly and International Conference of the International Association of Catholic Missiologists (IACM), Nairobi, Kenya, 16 July 2013.
- "Mission among the Peoples: The Future of Christian Mission in Asia." Catholicity and Mission Topic Session. Catholic Theological Society of America Annual Convention, Miami, FL, 7 June 2013.
- “Encounter between Confucianism and Christianity: Implications for Comparative Theology.” Developing Comparative Theology within ACU Centre for Interreligious Dialogue. ACU Centre for Interreligious Dialogue 2013 Annual Meeting. Melbourne, Australia, 14 February 2013.
- Panelist. "Asian Jesus." Encounter Program. ABC Radio National. 15 September 2012.
Read Transcript / Listen Online / Download Audio (mp3).
- "From 'Ad Gentes' to 'Active Integral Evangelization': The Reception of Vatican II’s Mission Theology in Asia.” Australian Catholic Theological Association Annual Convention. Melbourne, Australia, 6 July 2012.
- "Ecumenical and Interreligious Dialogue in the Mission with Migrants." Migration, Religious Experience and Mission with Migrants in Asia. International Conference on the Occasion of the 25th Anniversary of the Scalabrini Migration Center. Ateneo de Manila University, Manila, Philippines, 29 June 2012.
- "A New Way of Being Church in Today's World? Insights from the Documents of the Federation of Asian Bishops' Conferences (FABC)." Breaking Open the Lineamenta: A Consultation on the "New Evangelization" for the 2012 Synod. Saint Patrick's Cathedral Hall, Parramatta, NSW, Australia, 28 September 2011.
- "Teaching Religion & Theology: Intercultural & Transnational Web Resources." Intercultural and Transnational Pedagogies in Theologies & Religious Studies Interest Group. Catholic Theological Society of America Annual Convention, San Jose, CA, 11 June 2011.
- "封神正人: The Apotheosis of Righteous Folk Heroes in Chinese Popular Religion: An Exploration of Boundary Crossings, Canonization, and Deification." Hispanic/Latino/a Theological Consultation. Catholic Theological Society of America Annual Convention, San Jose, CA, 11 June 2011.
- "Asian American Catholics and Contemporary Liturgical Migrations From Tradition-Maintenance to Traditioning: Shaping Asian American Liturgies For the Twenty-First Century." Einladung Tagung Liturgie und Migration, "'... der Fremdling, der in deinen Toren ist': Liturgie und ihr Beitrag zur Integration von Migranten" ("'... the Stranger at your Gates': Liturgy and its Contribution to the Integration of Immigrants"), Katholisch-Theologische Fakultät, Universität Erfurt, Germany, 27 May 2011.
- "Asian American Catholics and Contemporary Liturgical Migrations From Tradition-Maintenance to Traditioning: Shaping Asian American Liturgies For the Twenty-First Century." Yale Institute of Sacred Music and Divinity School International Conference, Liturgy in Migration: Cultural Shifts from the Upper Room to Cyberspace. New Haven, CT, 26 February 2011.
- Respondent. "Around the World with New Eyes: Ancient and Emerging Voices in World Christianity." World Christianity Group Session. American Academy of Religion Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, 31 October 2010.
- "A Daughter's Filiality, a Courtesan's Moral Propriety and a Wife's Conjugal Love: The Tale of Kieu (Truyen Kieu) and Liberating Interreligious/Comparative Theologies." Comparative Theology Topic Session. Catholic Theological Society of America Annual Convention, Cleveland, OH, 12 June 2010.
- "Rethinking the Relationship between Christianity and World Religions, and Exploring its Implications for Doing Christian Mission in Asia." Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, 17 March 2010
- "Manufacturing Salvation: The Commodification of Asian American Spiritualities." Latina/o Religion, Culture and Society Group. American Academy of Religion Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada, 9 Nov 2009
- "The Past, Present, and Future of Asian American Theologies." Asian Theology Colloquium. Catholic Theological Society of America Annual Convention, Halifax, Canada, 6 June 2009
- "Hybridities, Multiple Belongings, and Multiple Border Crossings: The Quest For A Common Latino/a and Asian American Theological Method in Twenty First Century United States." Hispanic Latino/a Theology Colloquium. Catholic Theological Society of America Annual Convention, Halifax, Canada, 5 June 2009.
- Respondent, "A Common Word: Sharing Sacred Keys to Peace." Schiff Family Conference Center, Xavier University, 6 November 2008.
Six lectures for the national symposium, "Building the Foundations for Asian American Ministry and Theology." Redemptorist Renewal Center, Tucson, AZ, 23-25 May 2008:
- "The Many Faces of Asian American Catholicism"
- "The Asian American Presence in the U.S.: Contemporary Experiences & Challenges"
- "Asian American Theologians & their Theologies"
- "Changing Gender Roles in Asian American Families"
- "Issues in Asian American Catholic Marriages"
- "The Future of Asian American Pastoral Ministries"
- "The New Pentecost: Diversity and Catholicity in the Multicultural U.S. Catholic Church." A Response to the Keynote Address of Jamie Phelps at the Boston Catholic Ethnic Diversity Symposium: The New Pentecost, Emmanuel College, Boston, MA, 9 February 2008.
- "Marriage Ministry among Asian American Catholics: Identifying the Issues and Addressing the Challenges." National Symposium on Marriage Ministry, Boston College's The Church in the 21st Century Center, Boston, MA, 26 September 2007.
- "Roman Catholicism and Islam: How Will the Pope's Comments in Germany Affect Relations Between these two World Religions?" Interconnect: Spirituality and Alternative Healthcare, hosted by Cheri Lawson and John Hingsbergen, WMUB 88.5 FM, 25 September 2006.
- "Theology in Dialogue with Asian Religions: Historical Examples from China, India, and Vietnam." Religious Education Congress, Anaheim, CA, 2 April 2006.
- "Introducing Asian American Theologies." Winter Colloquium, Louisville Institute, Louisville, KY, 20 January 2006.
Three lectures presented at the Asian and Pacific Institute for Mission and Ministry in the United States (Northeast Region), Fordham University, New York, 8-9 July 2005:
- "Christianity in Dialogue with East Asian Cultures"
- "Christianity in Dialogue with South Asian Cultures"
- "Christianity in Dialogue with Southeast Asian Cultures"
- "Asian American Catholics: Diversity Within Diversity," 2005 Lecture Series, Saint Matthew's Cathedral, Washington, DC, 12 May 2005.
- "Search for Asian American Theology," Asian and Pacific Institute for Mission and Ministry in the United States (Southwest Region), Los Angeles, CA, 8 August 2004.
- "Jesus, the Christ with an Asian Face," Asian and Pacific Institute for Mission and Ministry in the United States (Southwest Region), Los Angeles, CA, 8 August 2004.
- "All Under Heaven: The Culture China Exported to the World," Mission in Asia: Days of Study and Prayer, Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN, 8 July 2004.
- "Mission to Asia: The Gospel Encounters China," Mission in Asia: Days of Study and Prayer, Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN, 8 July 2004.
- "Mission TO? or AMONG? Nations: A New Paradigm," Mission in Asia: Days of Study and Prayer, Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN, 9 July 2004.
- "A New Way of Being Church in Asia: The Federation of Asian Bishops' Conferences (FABC) at the Service of Life in Pluralistic Asia," American Society of Missiology Annual Meeting, Techny, IL, 20 June 2004.
- "The Church in Asia and the Pacific," Asian and Pacific Institute for Mission and Ministry in the United States (Southeast Region), Fort Lauderdale, FL, 22 May 2004.
- "History and Developments in Asian and Pacific Theology and Spirituality," Asian and Pacific Institute for Mission and Ministry in the United States (Southeast Region), Fort Lauderdale, FL, 22 May 2004.
- "All Under Heaven: Aspects of Chinese Civilization and Culture," Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield Cincinnati Regional Office 2004 Asian Heritage Month Celebration, Mason, OH, 18 May 2004.
- "Jesus the Crucified and Risen Sage: Towards a Confucian Christology," FABC Pan-Asian Theological Colloquium, Christology in Asia - The Asian Faces of Christ, Samphran, Thailand, 11 May 2004.
- "History of the Chinese Civilization," DragonFest 2003, Families with Children from China of Greater Cincinnati (FCC-GC), Cincinnati, OH, 26 April 2003.
- "Chinese Religions & Philosophies," DragonFest 2003, Families with Children from China f Greater Cincinnati (FCC-GC), Cincinnati, OH, 26 April 2003.
- "The New American Religious Pluralism as a Sign of the Times: An Asian-American Perspective," New American Religious Pluralism Selected Session, Catholic Theological Society of America Annual Convention, New Orleans, LA, 8 June 2002.
- "Recent Developments in Underrepresented Theologies: An Asian-American Perspective," CTSA Underrepresented Groups Solicited Session, Catholic Theological Society of America Annual Convention, New Orleans, LA, 7 June 2002.
- "Trends in Asian Theologies." Lecture delivered at the Maryknoll Mission Association of the Faithful (MMAF), Maryknoll, NY, 5 November 2001.
- "The Faith We Share: Diversity & Catholicity in the Multicultural American Catholic Church," Symposium on Celebrating Jubilee: Seeing Who We Are - Becoming What We Are Meant To Be, Sterling, VA, 29 January 2000.
Revision 3.012. Originally created: 18 April 2009 Last updated: 24 February 2016.