• Course Websites
• All Things Religion
• Religion Web Resources
• Religion Links
• Academic Research Resources
• Library Research Resources
• Radio & Videos
• Introducing Asian American Theologies
• Christian Mission among the Peoples of Asia
• World Christianity: Perspectives and Insights
• Theological Reflections HK Umbrella Movement
• Original Compositions/Arrangements
• Video Recordings
• Church Music
• Cantus Mundi
Department of Religious Studies
243 Tomlinson Hall
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106-7112
United States of America
• Asian/Asian American Christianity
• Asian/Asian American Catholicism
• Asian/Asian American Religions
• World Christianity
• Catholic Studies, Global Catholicism
• Ecumenical & Interreligious Studies
• Liturgical Studies
• Migration Studies, Mission Studies
• Religion & Culture, Religion & Society
• World Religions, Chinese Religions
Jonathan Y. Tan is Archbishop Paul J. Hallinan Professor of Catholic Studies in the Department of Religious Studies and affiliated faculty in the Ethnic Studies and Asian Studies Programs at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio (USA), as well as Co-Chair of the American Academy of Religion's World Christianity Group.
Jonathan holds a Ph.D. from The Catholic University of America (Washington, DC), a M.A. from the Graduate Theological Union (Berkeley, California), and a LL.B. (Honours) from the National University of Singapore Law School. Previously, he taught at Australian Catholic University (Sydney, Australia) Xavier University (Cincinnati, Ohio) and The Catholic University of America.
Jonathan is the author of Introducing Asian American Theologies (Orbis Books, 2008). His recent book, Christian Mission among the Peoples of Asia (Orbis Books, 2014) has been named by the International Bulletin of Missionary Research as one of 15 outstanding books of 2014 for mission studies. He is also the lead editor of World Christianity: Perspectives and Insights (Orbis Books, 2016) and co-editor of Theological Reflections on the Hong Kong Umbrella Movement (Palgrave Macmillan, 2016).
Professor Tan's Course Websites (current & archived).
Revision 9.013. Originally created: 29 March 2005. Last updated: 31 March 2016.